Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) If you are feeling too stressed, try drinking some Chamomile tea. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) A natural substance found in turkey, called Tryptophan, makes you feel relaxed after eating. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) Increasing your intake of foods rich in folic acid can keep you away from anxiety. It is a chemical that helps maintain your brain’s healthy function, and asparagus is a good source of it. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) Improving the health of your stomach will help improve the condition of your brain to deal with anxiety and stress. Kefir is a good source of probiotics that keep your gut in good shape.
Recommended reference: have a peek here